PGCE Primary related

My personal student perspective of ICT for a trainee teacher ,,,,Sit back, relax and enjoy your journey

The use of interactive whiteboards (IWBs) in classrooms:

November 5, 2012 by mrjoseph99 · No Comments · Uncategorized

The use of computer technology in schools and in the classroom particularly has gradually increased in the past 20 years, more so in recent years.

The use of Interactive white boards (IWBS) is more wide spread in classrooms is more wide spread than ever before. It is estimated around 93% of classrooms in London are using IWBs to aid teaching.

I quote; ” A great teacher with a IWB will perform better than a great teacher without an interactive whiteboard.” ( lorraine kaye 30/10/2012 09;30)

P.s  shes my ICT teacher I hope she likes that i referenced her :)

But this is to be expected; IWBs allow teachers to instantly access resources such as books or subject specific tools at the touch of a button which previously may have taken years to acquire.

The IWBs are multi -sensory which appeals to pupils with a variety of learning preferences. It gives opportunities for whole class learning and immediate feedback. And importantly for the teacher it isn’t restricted to just ICT, it can be used for cross curricular lessons.

No Comments so far ↓

There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.